Trainees and Students
We are a training Practice, with most of the Partners being directly involved in the postgraduate training of doctors who are pursuing a career in General Practice.
Each year, the Practice has General Practitioners in training who have completed a series of hospital posts. We hope that you will accept their service as an extension of our own.
As part of their training, some consultations are recorded and reviewed by the trainee and a Partner. You may be asked for your permission for your consultation to be recorded for these training purposes, and if you have any concerns, of course you have the right to refuse
From time to time, we, also, have undergraduate medical students and nursing students who, with your permission, will sometimes be present during consultations and house calls.
The recorded consultations are:
· used for analysis and assessment alongside their Trainer
· in order to improve and develop GP consulting skills
· only done so with the express permission of the patient, and can be declined by the patient
· reviewed in confidence between the Trainee and Trainer for the purposes of training
· stored safely or encrypted when awaiting review
· erased once viewed
· Many thanks for your cooperation in this. Together we aim to ensure excellent GPs for the future.